This article provides information on how to set up screen lock on your RealWear device.
RELEASE 12.0 and UP
This article has been updated to reflect software changes implemented in Release 12.5. For instructions on updating your device, please see Wireless Update. For more information on the latest firmware release, please see Firmware Release Notes.
Using Android’s Screen Lock feature protects your device from unauthorized access. To setup the screen lock, do the following:
1. Enter Settings one of two ways. You can say “MY CONTROLS,” then “MORE SETTINGS.” Or you can say "NAVIGATE HOME,” then “MY PROGRAMS,” then “SETTINGS”.
2. Say “PAGE DOWN,” then say “SECURITY.”
(Note: The Settings page will be scrolled to the last location visited after a reboot. So Settings may not be scrolled all the way to the top of the page. The instructions here assume you will start at the top of the page.)
3. Say "SCREEN LOCK" or select using the "SELECT ITEM #" command. On the screen below the correct command would be “SELECT ITEM 2.”
4. Say the word "PIN"
5. Enter your PIN by saying the word that corresponds to the number. The PIN may be from 4 to 16 digits. For example, for code 2036 you would say, "KILO," "JULIET," "HOTEL," "VICTOR."
Make sure the correct numbers are selected and say "ACCEPT."
(Note: The page for setting the lock screen may look different on an HMT-1 or HMT-1Z1 device ,or on a device with a previous version of firmware.)
6. Re-enter the PIN. When complete say “ACCEPT.
7. Select desired Notifications display option. This will determine if the RealWear device will display notifications on the Home Screen when the device is locked.
You can opt to view all the notifications or hide specific notifications. You can also opt to hide all the notifications. The default is “Show all notifications." Simply say “SHOW ALL NOTIFICATIONS,” “HIDE SENSITIVE NOTIFICATION CONTENT,” or “DON’T SHOW NOTIFICATIONS AT ALL” to select.
When finished, say "DONE."
8. The Screen Lock is now enabled and the device will lock the next time it goes to sleep. You can press the power button for one second or less to lock the device. Or if the device is idle for an amount of time selected in Settings>Display>Sleep.
Read about how to set up a screen lock with a fingerprint in the Security Setup article.