October 2022 Release
Microsoft Teams for RealWear is only available to install on your device from RealWear Cloud
Microsoft has officially released the October 2022 version of Microsoft Teams through RealWear Cloud (formally Foresight). The Teams October 2022 release for RealWear includes:
- Zooming capabilities: Use four levels of Zoom inside Microsoft Teams (now supports the Navigator® 500)
- Breakout Room Support
- Upgrades to the User Interface
- 720p & 15fps: As standard, all users will have 720p HD video and 15 frames per second
- Microsoft Updates
As well as the features you're used to.
- Local Camera Flashlight: turn the device flashlight on/off for your outgoing video during a call/meeting
- Add participants: nudge new participants into a call/meeting
- Open images/pdfs in the native viewer: images and pdfs in chat now open natively allowing control to pan/zoom/freeze
Q: When will this update for Microsoft Teams be available via RealWear Cloud?
A: The Microsoft Teams release for October 2022 is available to all RealWear Cloud customers effective October 20th 2022. Auto-update for Microsoft Teams will be enabled on this date. Once auto-update is enabled, existing RealWear Cloud policies for Teams will be automatically updated to this latest release.
Q: Can I have access before the release date?
The Microsoft Teams beta will be available from 10th-20th October 2022
- If you are a RealWear Cloud administrator who is new to Microsoft Teams on your RealWear devices, click here to learn more.
- On Oct 20th, 2022, RealWear devices will auto-update to the newest Teams version (click here for auto-update information).
- If you are an end user using Teams on your RealWear device and would like to update to the newest Teams release, please contact your company administrator.
Q: How can I get Teams?
If you've never downloaded Microsoft Teams for RealWear before, the only way to get it is through RealWear Cloud.
RealWear cloud is a purpose built device management platform for the RealWear device family and is also the location to manage and install applications native to RealWear devices such as Microsoft Teams.
Click here to access RealWear Cloud. To install Microsoft Teams on your devices you can do this individually per device or by using the 'Groups' option in the Navigation bar, creating or using an already existing group and using the 'Applications' button to install the app.
Q: How do I know if I have access to the most recent Microsoft Teams build in RealWear Cloud?
A: In RealWear Cloud, the Application Catalog provides details on all apps available to your Cloud tenant. The app version name for this version of Microsoft Teams is: 1449/184.108.40.2062335601 (see example below):
Q: What actions do I need to take in RealWear Cloud?
A: No action is required by IT admins. This version of Microsoft Teams will be auto-updated beginning on Oct 20th, 2022.
This will result in the most recent version of Microsoft Teams being pushed to your RealWear devices. Your devices must be connected to Wi-Fi and able to connect to RealWear Cloud to receive the updated policy.
This process can take up to 30 minutes to complete. Please refer to the Troubleshooting section below to resolve any issues.
Q: What actions do I need to take on the device for auto-update?
Please ensure that your device is on the latest firmware.
Once your devices have been updated to Firmware Release 12 or later, Teams will auto-update if the following criteria are met on the device:
- The device is connected to power.
- The device is connected to the internet over Wi-Fi.
- The Teams app is not in the foreground (app is closed or in background).
Depending on conditions, the auto-update process can take up to 30 minutes to complete. Please refer to the Troubleshooting section below to resolve any issues.
In some cases, after updating Microsoft Teams, some customers have reported experiencing the following issues:
- Adding text after uploading an image to the message causes the image to corrupt before sending - In this scenario please send image and text as separate messages
Using Microsoft Teams for RealWear (Microsoft Support)
How to use Teams on RealWear (YouTube video)
Live Demo of Microsoft Teams (YouTube video)
Q: I have followed the steps to update Teams, and my device is powered on and connected to Wi-Fi, but Teams has not updated to the most recent version. What steps should I take to update Teams?
A: Here are a few things to try if this version of Microsoft Teams is not visible on your HMT-1 device(s):
- Update your device to the latest firmware
- Power off and power on your device
Once your device has powered on, toggle Wi-Fi on your device. From the home screen, say the following commands in this sequence:
- “My controls”
- “Wireless Network”
- “Wireless Network”
If you continue to experience difficulty updating your device to this version of Microsoft Teams, please contact support.