- Knowledge Base
- RealWear Navigator™ 500 Series
- Device Setup
RealWear Navigator™ 500 Series
- Features and Specifications
- Wearing Your Device
- Device Setup
- Interacting with Your Device
- Device Power
- Battery Use
- Home Screen
- My Programs
- My Camera
- My Files
- My Training
- Device Care
- Ownership Information
- User Guide
- Thermal Camera Module
- Display Technology Comparison
- Cleaning Your Device
RealWear Modules & Accessories
RealWear Navigator™ Series
Wireless Firmware Update
This article provides information on how to update your RealWear device wirelessly
Your device is configured to keep its Operating System (OS) up to date via Over-the-Air (OTA) updates distributed by RealWear. RealWear Navigator will not update automatically.
RealWear recommends you avoid excessive operations and install firmware updates at a time when you are not using your RealWear Navigator.
RealWear Navigator must have a battery charge of at least 30% to install updates. If your battery does not have a sufficient charge, plug your RealWear Navigator into the USB-C charger and charge your device to at least 30% to continue with any updates.
To download and install a wireless firmware update, do the following:
- Make sure RealWear Navigator is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- From the home page, say “MY PROGRAMS”.
- Say “WIRELESS UPDATE”.
Note: If the user message “Your device’s software is currently up to date” appears, you have the latest update. If the user message does not appear, go to step 4.
- Say “CHECK FOR UPDATES”.
Note: If a firmware update is available, the update details appear on the display.
- Say “DOWNLOAD”.
- Wait for the download to complete.
Note: When the download is complete, you can choose to install the firmware update now or schedule the update later.
- To install the update now, say “INSTALL NOW”.
- To install the update later, do the following:
- Say “INSTALL LATER to schedule the update later.
- A popup message appears.
- Say one of the following commands to select the update time:
- “ONE HOUR LATER”
- “FOUR HOURS LATER”
- “EIGHT HOURS LATER”