1. Release Overview
This Release Notes document is for the RealWear HMT-1Z1 firmware release 10.1.0. The release is only applicable to the HMT-1Z1 model. Any HMT-1Z1 ever sold by RealWear may update to this release.
|Model Number||HMT-1Z1 (T1100S)|
|Build File Name||10.1.0-07-C.HMT-1Z1.S|
2 . Release Notes
2.1 Operating system upgrade to Android Version 8.1.0
The HMT Operating system has been upgraded from Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) to the smarter, faster, and more powerful version of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo – API 27).
Security Patch Level
10.1.0 includes all security patches release to Android as of the end of December, 2018.
2.2 New Features in Maintenance Release
In addition to an upgraded Android operating system, the HMT-1Z1 user interface has been enhanced.
• My Camera – fully re-designed UI and device-level settings in My Controls.
• Manual focus – enhanced focus and exposure lock for nine screen regions
• Manual Exposure Control – five levels of exposure
• Flash Settings – manual flash, auto-flash, and off
• Photo/Video Preview – immediate preview of photo or video with immediate delete option
• More Options – Redesigned list control with setting controls for Field of View (FOV), Resolution, Video Frames Per Second (FPS), Flash, Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS), Low Light Video (LLV), and Low Light Photo (LLP)
• Folder support for multiple folder levels
• More intuitive file browsing that allows for long file names to be read and launched via voice
• Pagination controls to browse within multi-page documents
• Options to sort by date/time and name
• Re-designed UI
• Zoom scale increased and optimized
• Updated to provide more user guidance for accessing QR code creators on web browsers or RealWear’s mobile Companion App
• UI updated
• UI updated and more play commands added
User Interface Changes
• New keyboard system uses head-panning motion control
• Loads in a partial screen to more closely operate like existing Android systems
• Secure entry option for password fields
• English only
• Dark & Light UI modes (product ships in Dark Mode by default)
• Revised layout including configuration options and updated application launch icons
• The status bar is now visible on most RealWear screens including the Home Page and My Programs Page
• Notification content display controls
• Secure keyboard for PIN entry
• New pop up My Controls window with head-tracked scrolling
• Power Manager accessible through My Controls at any time, from any app screen
• New Theme Setting
• Volume, Brightness, Auto-Mute, WIFI, Bluetooth, Mouse, Auto-Rotate, Flashlight, Dictation Local/Cloud
• Thai & Polish languages added.
This release delivers Release 9.05 content to the HMT-1Z1.
• Enhanced microphone tuning for noise cancellation
RealWear typically tunes microphones before each firmware release based upon feedback from customers and partners. Both front and side microphones have been tuned.
• New Firmware Over-the-Air (OTA) client and server
RealWear Firmware OTA solution is now hosted on Amazon Web Services in the United States under RealWear’s direct control. This move provides enhanced security, flexibility and responsiveness.
• Volume & Brightness levels
Brightness control has changed from 5 levels to 10 levels for improved brightness control and in anticipation of a future increases in brightness levels in hardware.
In response to customer feedback for improved sound control, volume control has changed from 5 levels to 10 levels.
• Integration of Android security patches
The following Google Android security patches have been integrated into the operating system. RealWear has implemented selected patches available for the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset based on availability from Qualcomm and an assessment of severity and applicability to non-smartphone, non-Google Play Store devices.
Camera initialization causes crash or black screen behavior with certain 3rd party applications.
• Improvements to camera fixes various crash or unresponsive scenarios.
Opening files using voice commands does not work if the file extension is in uppercase.
• Filenames with uppercase text may now be opened via voice command if pronounceable.
Failed to open image or document using “Select Item n” voice command.
• Under certain conditions, could not open files with the show help number tags. The issue has been resolved; files can now be opened using the tag number.
Device sleep timer is not reset after a voice command is recognized.
• Sleep timer now always reset after any accepted voice command.
Device powers on when USB wall charger is removed during shut down process
• Device will now no longer power on when charger removed during shutdown.
Volume level control does not work when playing WEBM files.
• Volume controls now work identically compared to all other video formats.