Always use the correct battery model. There is a risk of explosion while charging if a battery other than the specified model is used.
If you purchase a power adapter to charge your device, make sure the power adapter meets the standard requirements.
A rechargeable battery powers your device. Always use only the original type of RealWear battery that came with the device. Use the battery only for its intended purpose. Never use any charger or battery that is damaged. If the battery is completely discharged, it may take a few minutes before the charging indicator appears on the display or before the device can be used. The full performance of a new battery is achieved only after 3 to 4 complete charge and discharge cycles. The battery can be charged and discharged for multiple cycles, but it will eventually wear out. Unplug the charger from the electrical plug and the device when not in use. Ensure that you do not leave the fully charged battery connected to the charger. If left unused, a fully charged battery will lose its charge over time.
If the RealWear Navigator battery is not charging properly, replace the battery with an original RealWear battery. If a replacement battery is being used for the first time or if the battery has not been used for a prolonged period, it may be necessary to connect the charger and then disconnect and reconnect it to begin charging the battery.
Do not dispose of batteries in a fire as they may explode. Batteries may also explode if damaged. Dispose of batteries according to local regulations and recycle when possible. Do not dispose as household waste. Do not dismantle, open or shred cells or batteries. In the event of a battery leak, do not allow the liquid to contact the skin or eyes. In the event of leak or a hazard seek medical help immediately.
Avoid Short Circuit
Do not short-circuit the battery. An accidental short-circuit can occur when a metallic object such as a coin, clip, or pen causes direct connection of the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals of the battery. This might happen, for example, when you carry a spare battery in your pocket or toolbox. A short-circuit at the terminals may damage the battery or the connecting object.
Avoid High Temperatures
Leaving the battery in hot or cold places, such as in a closed car in summer or winter conditions, will reduce the capacity and lifetime of the battery. For the best results, try to keep the battery between -10°C and +50°C (+14°F and 122°F). A device with a hot or cold battery may not work temporarily, even when the battery is fully charged. Battery performance is particularly limited in temperatures well below freezing.
Charger Use Safety Instructions
The charger can cause electrical shock when used incorrectly.
To correctly use the charger, do the following:
- Make sure that the cable plug is properly connected.
- Keep the charger away from liquids.
- In case of any strange smell or noise from the charger, disconnect it and contact support.
- Before cleaning the cable or charger, disconnect from power supply.
- When using an extension cable, check the integrity of the ground conductor.
- Disconnect the charger from RealWear Navigator once the battery is fully charged.
- Do not use this charger in wet areas This charger is for indoor use only.
- Do not insert or remove the plug with wet hands.
- Do not open the charger. For any issues, contact support.
- Do not cut, break, or bend the cable in a knot.
- Do not put any objects on the cable that may let it overheat. It may damage the cable and cause fire or electrocution.
- Do not use any cable other than the original cable as it may cause short circuit or electrocution.